Mario is continuing to grow and thrive. Yesterday, we had our first visit from the nurse with Children's Hospital Home Healthcare. She did an assessment of Mario (length, weight, listened to him, etc), I had some paperwork to do and questions to answer, and he received another dose of the Synagis vaccine (the one that delivers antibodies to help him fight RSV). We will have two more of these visits this year (March and April) and then a break until RSV season starts again in the fall. He will get the Synagis vaccine until age 2.
His new measurements are as follows:
weight: 7 lbs 3 oz
length: 52 cm / 20.5 in
head circumference: 35 cm
Mario is doing very well as far as the nurse was concerned. He is developing nicely and doing all the things he should be.
Mario has had a few visitors recently. My co-worker and friend Tanya came to see us on Saturday, my Aunt Jean came on Sunday, and my boss, Jeff, came on Tuesday (he came to talk a little shop and see the baby).
Tomorrow we have another pediatrician appointment for his 2 month visit (I can't believe it. . .he was 8 weeks old yesterday and will be 2 months old on Friday). Of course, that means several vaccinations. I am going to split them up over two visits, because he has to have 4 or 5 in total. So, we'll do half tomorrow and half next week. I'm sure he won't be too happy with it, but that's the way it goes.
I'm still struggling through the breastfeeding. I'm working on emailing and calling people for help, so hopefully we'll get through this and get him eating like a champ. I have started using the Medela Supplemental Nurser System to encourage him to eat at the breast and am trying to cut out the majority of the bottles. Hopefully we won't need to use it too long, but if it works I'm willing to do whatever it takes.
We'll update the pictures soon. Dom reloaded his computer and is having issues with the card reader at the moment ;)
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment