I know, I know, it's been a month since the last update and everyone has been bugging us for updates. So, here it is. Warning, this may be a long one!
In early May, I dealt with a nasty eye infection that had me going to the eye doctor every couple of days for almost 2 weeks. Of course, Mario went with me and won the hearts of everyone in the office. In fact, each time we'd walk in they'd ask if I brought their boyfriend for a visit. He's quite the little flirt I tell ya.
We also made some visits to Dom at work, so Mario could meet even more of his co-workers and let Daddy show him off. No doubt, Dom is a proud daddy and had a grin from ear to ear as we paraded around with the little man. Of course, now we have to find time to take him in again.
I also got to celebrate my first mommy's day on May 13th:) Dom surprised me with breakfast in bed (chocolate chip pancakes, my favorite) and gave me a cool photo keychain (it's a digital picture frame on a keychain so I can always have Mario pictures with me) and a very nice, homemade card from himself and Mario. Then, we just spent the day together as a family, exactly what I wanted.
Mario and I also enjoyed our first trip to the mall together on May 17th. We met Stephanie and Trieg for lunch and then walked around for a while. I will say, the mall by us (Kenwood Towne Center) has great family facilities. Nice, clean family restrooms, lounges, and private nursing rooms. That Sunday, May 20th, the three of us (Dom, Mario and I) went to the mall to have lunch, shop, and just walk around. I've also taken Mario to Kohls with me to shop and he's done very well as my shopping buddy. He seems to really like being pushed around in his stroller while I do my shopping. And I like that his car seat easily fits in the stroller, makes it easy on everyone!
I returned to work on May 16th and am currently working in the office three days a week (Mon, Wed, Fri) and from home the other two days. Right now, I take Mario to Bridget's on Wed and Fri to hang out with her and Julianna and Dom stays home with him on Mon. We've hired a full-time nanny, Lauren, who will start on June 11th. She'll come here to watch him and we have all clicked very well. After she gets settled in, I'll up my hours to 4 days/week in the office and then go to 5 days/week. In fact, Lauren came over this afternoon so we could get schedules aligned and work on the details. We're all looking forward to working together. I enjoy being back to work, seeing coworkers and friends and getting back into projects, but I also miss my days with the little guy!
Memorial Day weekend meant it was time to take a road trip. So, we packed up the car, including the roof carrier, with the dogs, Mario, Dom, myself and all of our stuff and headed to Canton on Friday, May 25th to spend the night with Ryan, Corissa and Owen. We enjoyed visiting with them that night and most of the day Saturday. The boys have both really grown and it was so cool to watch them interact even more. All of us then headed to Salem for a cookout at the Ferreri's with the family and the Coverts (neighbors and close friends). Of course, everyone was very happy to see the babies :) We stayed at the Ferreri's Saturday and Sunday nights and enjoyed visiting with Grandma and Grandpa. Though, I think Mario was the star of this visit. Sunday we visited with my dad and Brynn for a few hours and then headed over to Granny's for dinner with her, Brynn, Mom and Mick. We enjoyed a nice visit and an after dinner walk around the condo development. Granny also gave Dom and I our first Mother's/Father's day gift, a cool blanket with a picture of Mario woven into it (we'll have to take a picture to post soon). Monday we repacked the car, this time including vegetable plants for our garden, and headed to Mansfield. In Mansfield we enjoyed a cookout and visit with my Aunt Ginny and Uncle Fred, cousin Adrienne and her hubby, Brad, and their 2.5 year old son, Braeden, and the neighbor Suzie. So, it was a busy, but very nice weekend.
Tuesday, May 29th, Mario had an appointment with the audiologist at Good Samaritan Hospital for his follow-up hearing exam. This was simply a follow-up because he was on antibiotics his first few days of life (preventive measure until they got the all clear from his blood cultures that he didn't have any infections) and he passed it with flying colors. Since I was already at the hospital I stopped by the NICU and was able to see a couple of Mario's former nurses. Sarah H, his day primary nurse, and Sharon were there and they both really enjoyed seeing Mario and how much he's grown. It was great to see them again and we plan to visit again soon.
The past month has meant lots of outdoor projects. Dom redid all of the landscaping in the front and has started work on the vegetable garden in the back. Unfortunately, Dom is in the middle of some plumbing projects now. We discovered that the pipe leading to the outdoor faucet in the back burst and caused a leak in the basement (we discovered this when he tried to hook up the sprinkers). So, he is now replacing that and adding a few more outdoor faucets so we won't have to string hoses all around the house. It's a good thing he's so handy!
That brings us to today. Can you believe the little man is 5 months old today?!?!? We can't believe how the time has flown. We measured him today, and added a new line to the inside of the pantry door to mark his growth. He's now 23.75 inches! I would say he's probably 13.5 pounds, give or take, now. He's also into the 3-6 month sized clothing and size 2 diapers. He hasn't figured out how to roll over yet, but has come close several times during his tummy time sessions, so it won't be long now, at least for the tummy to back rolling. Mario is also very observant and interested in everything around him. He loves his baths and has figured out how to splash. He loves looking at the baby in the mirror, standing up, cooing and babbling at us, blowing spit bubbles (he now wears a bib most of the time to catch the drool), and buzzing his lips (motorboating, blowing raspberries, etc). He grabs onto things and is reaching the "everything goes in my mouth" stage, especially his fist. And, for the first time tonight, we put him in bed (his pack n play in our room) awake and he went to sleep on his own.
Our little man is looking, and acting, more and more like a little boy. We are really enjoying him and watching him grow and discover things. Each day is an adventure and full of laughs, smiles, and surprises.
I'll make sure to update more often this month. Now, go look at those pictures. . .the good stuff is there!
Saturday, June 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment