Thursday, May 3, 2007

Updates: May 3rd

Well, it's been a while since my last post and we've been busy doing lots of neat things. On April 25th, we took Mario out to dinner for the first time. Some friends of ours are moving to San Diego and this was a farewell dinner with the group. We went to Bravo!, an Italian restaurant and were there for about three hours. Mario was great and worked his charm on everyone. The next day, April 26th, Mario and I met my friend and co-worker, Tanya, for lunch and then I took Mario into work for a few hours to show him off and get my laptop fixed (network issues). On April 27th, Mario spent a few hours with Bridget and her daughter, Julianna, while I ran some errands. Bridget will be watching Mario part-time initially when I go back to work. On April 28th, we took Mario to some friends' house and enjoyed an evening with some of our friends who hadn't yet seen him. Yesterday, May 2nd, was his 4 month birthday! He spent a few hours with Bridget and Julianna in the afternoon and then we hung out at home.

Today, Mario had his 4 month check-up with his doctor. She is very pleased with how he is doing and we don't have to go back until his next regular check-up at 6 months (in July)! According to all of the developmental questions they asked me for a normal (term-baby) 4 month old, he is caught up! He is also continuing to make gains in his physical measurements to catch up to term babies as well. His length is now 23 inches and he's just below the 5th percentile for 4 month olds. His head circumference is now 40.5 cm and is at the 10th percentile for 4 month olds. His weight is now 12 lbs 0.5 oz and is right at the 5th percentile for 4 month olds. Of course, if you look at all of those for his corrected/adjusted age (time since his due date), he's right in the middle. Mario's least favorite part of the visit was the shots :( He had to get 4 shots (the second dose of DTaP, second dose of Hib, second dose of Polio, and second dose of PNU cn) as well as an oral vaccine (second dose of Rotovirus). But, all was better when mommy nursed him after his shots :) He fell asleep in his car seat on the ride home and has now been sleeping for just under 2 hours and mommy is letting him sleep as long as he wants (I brought his car seat in and set it on the coffee table and have disturbed him).

Dom has been busy doing work outside now. With the spring weather comes outdoor chores such as mowing the lawn and doing string trimming. He's also been getting the flower beds ready to plant. The rose garden is all mulched and finished and we just got a delivery of mulch today to do the other two beds. Now we just have to decide what flowers we want to plant in them this year. We're hoping to take pictures and a description to a garden center/nursery and get some suggestions.

Dom and I have been printing pictures and have framed several 8x10's of Mario from birth to recent pictures and put them on the wall going up the steps. I bought several more frames of various sizes that we need to fill and hange.

We have also been looking into full-time nannies for when I go back to work. We met with/interviewed one last night and are meeting with another tonight. I have to sit down with my boss next week to come up with the plan for my return the week after. I'm hoping to ease back into it, starting with 3 days a week, then 4, then 5. I'm looking forward to going back on one hand, but will sure miss my days with Mario.

Well, that's the latest and greatest news with our family. We're happy spring is here and as busy as ever.

1 comment:

Dom Ferreri said...

Hi Heidi,
I too would be interested in keeping in contact with you and hearing about your little guy. I don't have your email address, but you are welcome to email me (annie@domnannie.com) :)

Annie