Mario had his 6 month birthday a few days ago, on July 2nd. It's hard to believe how big he is getting. By our measurements, he's a little over 15 pounds and 24 and 3/8 inches tall. Time sure does fly!
Let's see, what have we been up to lately. The weekend of June 23rd we went to Davis Trains to check out the train store and Dom bought a few new train cars. We also went and picked out things to remodel our master bathroom vanity area (new counter, sinks, cabinets, etc). That is now on order and had a 3 week lead time, so now we need to pick up all of the accessories (faucets, mirror/medicine cabinets, lighting, etc). Mario was very good as we ran our errands. It's nice to be able to do stuff like that again (before it was always one of us running errands and one of us staying home with the little man, now we can all go).
Mario got to go visit with Bridget and Julianna for a few hours on the 26th, so I could go in for a big project meeting at work. Kurt also got to play with him for a bit, because he got home before I got there. I think Julianna really enjoys when "Mro-ro" visits (Mario is still a little hard for her to pronounce, but she does a great job for a 16 month old!).
One of my co-workers had a party and bonfire on the 30th, and of course we all went. His house is very kid friendly (he has 4, the youngest being 2 year old twins) and they usually have family friendly parties. I think Mario is going to love going there when he gets a bit older and can enjoy the swing set, go cart, baby pools, waterslide, etc. We didn't stay too late, because Mario was getting a little cranky and ready for bed. He's definitely getting into a routine with that now (most nights at least), and we try not to keep him up past his bedtime.
Also on the 30th, I gave Mario his first taste of baby rice cereal mixed with breastmilk. I made it pretty soupy and he wasn't too sure about it at first, but did better than I expected. Of course Dom took still pictures and video of the feeding! We've been doing cereal once a day every day now and last night he gobbled it right up. He seems to like it so it's less soupy, which is fine with me.
On Sunday, July 1st, Dom met my mom and Mick halfway between Salem and here to pick up my sister, Brynn, so she could spend the week with us. We always enjoy having her here and try to have her stay with us whenever she wants. She hung out at the house with Lauren and Mario while Dom and I worked Monday and Tuesday, but we both took the rest of the week off to spend with her. Brynn and Lauren got along well and Brynn said she really likes her. Mario even broke Brynn in. While she was giving him a bottle he filled his britches and she didn't realize it (thought it could have just been gas) until she picked him up and he had leaked a little on her shorts. Now, Brynn has been officially christened by Mario!
The four of us just hung out at the house on the 4th. Dom built a fire in the fire bowl that evening and we roasted hot dogs and made s'mores (both traditional and with Reese cups) between rain showers and thunderstorms. The neighbors were setting off fireworks, so we got to see a little show. Mario did pretty well with them, but got a bit overwhelmed with sensory overload after a while, so I took him inside until they were done. It didn't last too long, so it wasn't a big deal at all. I'm glad we didn't attempt to take him somewhere though. I figured it would be too much with the fireworks, the crowds, etc. And, the weather wasn't the greatest either!
Yesterday, we went to the Newport Aquarium, just across the river, in Kentucky. We weren't aware that they don't allow strollers until after 4:30pm (when the crowds usually thin) and we got there late morning. But, they had a place to check the stroller and then gave you your choice of a Snugli front carrier or a back pack carrier to use. We chose the front carrier and loved it. It worked out very well and both Mario and I enjoyed using it. He even fell asleep and took a snooze for close to an hour. And, when he was sleepy, I turned him so he was facing in and could snuggle against me while we continued walking around. Mario loved watching everything and we all had a great time. In fact, Dom, Brynn and I all have season passes, so we might go back again before she goes home. Check out the pictures and the video links.
Today we are going to run errands and then hang out in the evening. We're really enjoying spending time with Brynn and I think she's having fun too!
Friday, July 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment