Another week or so has passed in the life of Mario. We haven't done many eventful things this past week. But, I'll catch you up on what has been going on.
Sunday, April 15th, we had some good friends of ours, Kurt and Bridget, and their 1 year old daughter, Julianna, over for dinner. We enjoyed catching up in person and seeing how much the kids have grown. Bridget and I plan to get together several times in the upcoming weeks, because, if it all works out, she will be watching Mario for at least a few days a week when I go back to work the middle of May.
This week Mario and I were back to being on our own all five days, as it was a normal work week for Dom. So, we enjoyed getting back into our routine and having some quality Mommy/baby time. He is really getting expressive and we love to laugh and play together.
The weather is back to being nice and spring-like so Dom got a lot of work done outside this weekend, including tractor preventative maintenance, string trimming, and lawn cutting. He also got some wiring done in his workshop in the basement. We started talking about what we'll put in the gardens this year, both flower and vegetable, and coming up with the game plan for getting them prepped. I took some time and ran errands while the boys hung out together. So, we had a great weekend.
While I was at Costco today, I got a new stroller. Dom had seen it there last weekend and wanted me to go look at it to see if I agreed we should get it. It is a dual purpose jogging stroller/bike trailer and is very nice. It can hold either one or two kids and has lots of storage room. It also has a nice mesh flap that can keep the bugs out and a clear plastic flap to keep weather out. We took it for a walk this evening and you can see pictures of it on our Picasa site (liked in the picture update post). It's very nice and I'm know we'll get lots of use out of it. Now we have to find a bike helmet for little Mario so we can hook it up to the bike and hit the bike trail. I need to do some research as to when it's acceptable to do that with him.
Mario also has a nice case of cradle cap going on now. So, Friday night, I got out the baby oil and put some on his head to let it set for a while. Then we gently combed it with the baby come and washed his hair in a bath. It's not a really bad case, and hopefully it won't get to be. But, for now, we'll just periodically do the baby oil thing.
I think that about does it for family updates for now. Time for me to go to bed, the boys are already there and sleeping soundly (of course, I had to sneak out after putting little man to sleep ;) ).
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment